(of note, I haven’t dug around to see if the author of this is indigenous or not)
it’s so dumb that piercings and tattoos can impact your ability to find a job. employers shouldn’t be allowed to discriminate based on gender, race, sexual orientation, or level of punk-rockness
is there a Black Friday deal for college tuition or is that not a thing
…You’re not going to believe this, but, I think they’re going to be huge…
Anonymous asked: hey what did fckh8 do?? i heard that theyre shit but i dont really know
A summary that just wouldn’t stop growing as I wrote it:
- Generally only focusing on gay men despite calling themselves an LGBTQ group.
- Perpetuates images of ‘sassy gay men' across their websites.
- Their posts featuring lesbians often show hot, young, white, feminine girls kissing, thus continuing the image of sexualized lesbians (and teenage girls in general) rather than focusing on inequality or any sort of intersectionality.
- Basically never focusing on trans*, pan, ace or non-binary people at all.
- But when they do mention trans* people, boy do they heck it up. (tw: misgendering) [EDIT: apparently they’re lying about the second one too wow]
- Casual cissexism everywhere.
- Supports Dan Savage, who is notoriously biphobic, transphobic, ace-hating, fat shaming, racist and ableist and just generally a horrible person. (Again, focuses on gay white men and no one else.)
- Also supports Family Guy, despite its history of being offensive to basically everyone.
- Also a bit of Lady Gaga in there too. (Issues with Lady Gaga)
- Uses quotes from cishet people rather than people who are actually queer, and then only quotes from gay people who are white/cis/able-bodied/etc (lots of Ellen Degeneres and Neil Patrick Harris). [EDIT: The point of this being the fact they ignore others on the LGBT+ spectrum, not any issue with NPH or Ellen.]
- Many of the images shared on their Facebook and tumblr are taken without permission or notification from people’s blogs (you only have to scroll down their facebook to see all the tumblr screen caps with their logo slapped on top.)
- When asked to remove these by the original posters, the people running the pages become immature and rude.
- Also stealing ideas and selling them.
- The entire Russian gay colouring book debacle which has the potential to do massive amounts of harm to innocent people in Russia.
- Their entire reaction to asexuality wow.
- Completely adverse to religion and uses child molestation (in relation to priests) as joke fodder rather than an actual issue.
- Lots of micro-aggressions, such as using ‘gays' and the whole idea of “no labels just human!”
In addition, their way of advertising using young children can be seen as questionable and people have also pointed out their exclusion of POC and the use of sassy/angry black people as jokes (being white I can’t really comment on this, but I’m sure there are more examples).
How much of their profit is actually getting donated is also a question nobody can really answer.
On a much lesser note, people also have taken issue with their customer service. Definitely not as important, but a nice little fact to end on. [EDIT: This is actually a bigger thing than I thought wow they’re terrible.]
It also speaks wonders that I could find nearly every example needed in this answer by scrolling through the ‘FCKH8’ tag and their facebook and tumblr posts from the past week alone. These are all current and continuing issues that aren’t looking to be solved any time soon.
EDIT: A note that different people may find these points varying levels of offensive/not offensive. I was just listing things that felt potentially problematic and have been complained about before. Also I’m updating this list every so often since people keep bringing new things up.
this isn’t even a campaign. this is some 17 year old teenager sitting at his computer while eating spicy doritos with a call of duty headset on